9.22.2009

Quarter-life Crisis?

I believe I'm going through a quarter-life crisis. I always seem to botch my life. I set myself up for failure. In this instance, I have not gone to my classes in a week. I've missed too many days, and I'm sure I won't be able to graduate in time, and its only been about 5 weeks of school. I don't think I'm going to make it.

Now, I just want to runaway. My friend has offered me a room in Houston, and I may just take it. I don't know when I'll finish school. But I don't think its in my foreseeable future as of now. I'm just not happy at school. I love the people, but I can't do it. I don't know why. I don't know if I'm just lazy, or if its depression, or a quarter-life crisis that is crippling me. I don't like where I'm at. Maybe I'm afraid to grow up. I don't know what it is.

What do I do now? I don't know if I'm going to school in the morning. I think I might write to my professors, or not. Maybe I just won't show up anymore. What can I tell them? I'm severely depressed and am in a manic depressive state..? Or, I hate Brownsville and don't want to come to school here.

I don't know. I'm not satisfied in life, and I'm sure that a college degree will not change that.

I fail at life.

4 comments:

Sylvia Sweetheart said...

I guess I had the wrong blog link because I have never read any of these blogs! :( It never updates me when you blog.

Anywho, I think you know what I'm going to say... please, don't give up on school just yet! Write to your professor and ask him for any sort of leeway possible.

December is going to come either way... and though it may seem better to leave to Houston for now, it would be better to leave to Houston with your school crap over and done with :)

And yes, we should have a cigarette. How about on Saturday? That's when I had my last one.

Chantal said...

Adriana... you CAN'T give up. Can't you see how close to the finish line you are? This is the last semester that you'll have to deal with school and or Brownsville.

Runaway once you have your degree especially if it's only 3 months away.

You can do it. You just have to give yourself a little push!

Adriana said...

Thanks for the encouragement, but I'm pretty sure I'm not graduating this semester. :-/

Adriana said...

Oh, and Sylvia, I had changed my blog address, which is probably why you weren't getting my updates.