9.24.2008

Thoughts.

I miss my high school/early college years. I had an interesting group of friends. But I suppose I changed, or they changed, because I rarely see them.

I feel cast off into a different isle. I am talking about the people from an old church I used to attend. Its not that we hate each other, but I suppose when you stop attending all the same church functions, you just stop seeing each other.

I'm not alone, by no means am I alone. I have a great group of friends now, and quite a broad selection of people as well. I enjoy their company but I still miss those old friends. I see them once in a while, but its not the same. I suppose it was just a different time.

I think I've been stuck in a quarter life crisis. Idiotic, I know. I remember hearing a guy talking about it when I was only 18 and he was around 23, maybe 24. And I thought it was ridiculous then. But Now that I am here, I don't find it to be so ridiculous.

My life has had so many drastic changes occurring rapidly without my consent. If it were up to me, my life would not have changed so drastically. I would change just one thing. Just one thing. Or I would change the events leading up to that one tragedy. There was so much that could have prevented it. But I suppose its useless dwelling on that now.

It still hurts. I've teared many times just today. The sting of death is strong. I just hope that there is a heaven, and I just hope that he is happy there.

He's been in my dreams lately. I don't remember my dreams often, but there have been a few that have just been strange. I love being in those dreams. Where he is still here. And nothing has changed. Its pleasant. Its sweet. Its nice.

You never know just how much you'd miss someone until they are gone. You never know how much you regret the awful, hurtful words you've spoken to someone until you can't take them back.

Death. Its a strange thing.

Life. Its an even stranger thing.

4 comments:

AmErika said...

I'm glad you're my friend :)

Unknown said...

=)

Anonymous said...

i hear ya on the shift thing with certain groups of ppl, but im my case i think it was quite voluntary~

it is what we make of it, but still is what it is....

Sylvia Sweetheart said...

i love dreams like those. they're like little gifts from Jesus.