10.09.2008

Forbidden Zone

I watched a movie a few hours ago that literally induced a "WTF" within seconds of it opening. It was called the Forbidden Zone.

It's a musical from 1982 written by Matthew Bright, directed by Richard Elfman, and scored by Danny Elfman(primary reason why I saw the movie), who made a cameo in the movie as Satan.

It was a strange film. Overly theatrical, oversexed, and overly offensive... oh and tons of boobs everywhere. Would I recommend it to anyone... Possibly just people who love crazy musicals like The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It was a bit entertaining, but hey, I like weird movies.

The music had a 1920s jazz sound, and the imagery reminded me of Betty Boop (the music a bit too), but it also had a hint of Monty Python imagery, like all the zany cartoon work done by Terry Gilliam, I think that was his name. The storyline was a bit much, but the imagery was amazing. Oh and it was shot in black and white!!

The storyline was about a door in a house that led to the "sixth dimension" which was ruled by a midget king and a voluptous older woman, along with their topless sadist daughter. A french girl, named Frenchy, wants to visit the Forbidden Zone and gets stuck there. She is "romanced" by the king. The queen wants to take her down. Her brother then wants to rescue her (the brother is played by an older guy... in fact most of the "children" are played by adults and some women ar actually men) and he takes his grandfather who was once a yiddish wrestler. They ask this one boy to come along, Squeezeit, who's twin brother/sister (draq queen) is in the forbidden zone, but he refuses to go since he is a chicken. And so much more.

Yeah. Its a bit much.




Some thoughts that have been running through my mind lately is why do some christian men have no respect for women? I know there are some out there that do respect women, but lately I've heard nothing but rubbish about christian men. From sneaky diabolical plots, to dating/leading on multiple women, to breaking up with a girlfriend to "focus on other friends". Its ridiculous. I hate seeing my friends hurt by so called christian men. Its rubbish, and they deserve better.

3 comments:

Berrenduhh said...

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous how "Christian" guys are.
Pfft. I've had worldly boyfriends who have treated me much better.
But oh well..

Danny Elfman is amazing.

Anonymous said...

"Christian" whether real or not, is like any other title that can be pasted onto men....

an asshole will always e an asshole, only regulated more times than other...

and a gentleman will always be one, again regulated to and fro

Adriana said...

Too true Morris, too true.

I guess that's why i posted that some christian men are jerks. Not all are, and I know that. It just pisses me off to know that are some. But i was just fuming and venting.