10.22.2008

Wonderful...


Just as I thought life couldn't get worse, it does.

I went to the eye doctor today, and, as it turns out, I have "Lattice Degeneration" on my left eye.

What is "Lattice Degeneration?"

"Lattice degeneration of the retina is a type of thinning of the outside edges of the retina, which occurs in 6%-8% of the general population. The lattice degeneration, so-called because the thinned retina resembles the crisscross pattern of a lattice, often contains small holes. Lattice degeneration is more common in patients with nearsightedness (myopia). This tendency to lattice degeneration occurs because myopic eyes are larger than normal eyes and, therefore, the peripheral retina is stretched more thinly. Fortunately, only about 1% of patients with lattice degeneration go on to develop a retinal detachment."

Just wonderful.

I think I have the worst luck, and so I may just be one of the 1% of people who go through retinal detachment. And if I do, and end up blind... I think I'd rather off myself than be blind in one eye.

-_-

Fat, ugly, weird, annoying, and blind.

Great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

......

-comment-