10.05.2008

Proverbs 30:7-9

7Two things have I asked of You [O Lord]; deny them not to me before I die:

8Remove far from me falsehood and lies; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me,

9Lest I be full and deny You and say, Who is the Lord? Or lest I be poor and steal, and so profane the name of my God.



I've decided that I want to live a life of simplicity. I had decided it a long time ago, but I want to rededicate myself to it.

I want to limit my eating out since I've noticed it has burned a humongous hole in my wallet. I want to limit the use of gas. I want to start out at 20 dollars a week, which is about 6 and half gallons, which in my car should be about 130-170 miles. Its not outrageous, I hope. Well, I'll test it out first and readjust accordingly. This may mean less hanging out, and less of people bumming rides off of me. I want to limit the money I spend on clothing and will cut out completely the money used on frivolous things.

As soon as I have some sort of income, I want to begin to budget my money.

This has some to do with biblical teachings, in my opinion, and with the current situation with our economy. I want to be ready if anything should happen in the future, good or bad.

5 comments:

Berrenduhh said...

If I had a budget to limit, I would too. ... I was reading this book called "Revolution is World Missions" or something like that. hah. and the guy was born in India and he started his ministry there, and then he came to America and became "Americanized" and he was talking about how he felt convicted about some of the things he was doing, and one of them was about having a savings account, and he went back to the bible and how it talks about that we shouldn't store up earthly treasure. and Yeah it was pretty cool. :] It definitely made me think.

yvonne said...

awesome!

wake me up from the american dream.

Adriana said...

Personally, I don't think a savings account is a bad thing. I think a savings account is good. You'll have the money you need for whatever you need it for, be it a donation or to buy something not using credit, which can kill you!

My opinion on the scripture is that it refers to consumerism and materialism that plagues America and the church.

I would like to live communally one day where we pool together finances so no one starves, is homeless or goes without the medical attention they would need.

Sylvia Sweetheart said...

I have always loved the state of your heart when it comes to this matter. One of the speakers up here was talking about the John the Baptist lifestyle and how he said, "if you have two coats give one away". I think you have that written all over you

Anonymous said...

Ive actually been a minimalistic person for a lol whil...I remember when I moved so San An for the while and I could fit my room in my car~

I prefer life minimal....I throw away alot of crap. :D