10.19.2008

Halloween and Sweeney Todd

I have been wondering what I wanted to be for Halloween this year. I really want to do something fabulous.

I thought about it a few times. I thought about being a zombie, bride of Frankenstein, even thought Snow White. What I really wanted to do was Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd. But I thought it would be dumb if I didn't have a Sweeney Todd to go along with it.

Well, as it turns out, I may just have a Sweeney Todd. I asked my friend Jaime Potter if he'd want to do Sweeney Todd, and he said yes. Apparently, Sweeney Todd is one of his favorite movies.



























I had found a Lovett-esque costume on Torrid, and it is only $32.50, being half-off of $64.99. I thought about getting it, but it looks nothing like the Mrs. Lovett in the Burton film. And I really like the way she looks.

I thought about making it. I would totally be up for a challenge. I'm not that great at sewing, but taking up a huge challenge always makes you better. The hardest part though, in my opinion, would be making the corset. But I could always just make a rinky-dink one without the boning found in corsets. I'm pretty sure I could figure it out, but it woud just take up a lot of my time... which, as it happens, I have a lot of. I guess I may just be lazy.

I wish I could find better images though. I need close ups of some parts. The top seems especially difficult, but I may just go without something so sheer. I love the skirt. I may make it into a dress instead.

I think I am going to attempt to make the outfit. I need to work on Jaime's as well if he wants to do it after all. I figure we could probably find some stripey pants down town, and maybe reconfigure a button up shirt. I would just need to figure out how to sew together a vest.

I hope we can do it after all. It would be the best Halloween ever!

Brenda also wants me to do a Bellatrix Lestrange in Azkaban Prison, which should be too hard.

I think she should get a Dark Mark temporary tattoo to go with the outfit. I think her costume would be the easiest to do.

I need to buy some theater make up too.

Halloween should be fun this year. I want to do fun things. Let's all get together! :D

3 comments:

yvonne said...

do it!!

i'll take pix!!

i heart snow white! she's my man! (:

Berrenduhh said...

:/

Anonymous said...

haha me and my boyfriend LOOOOVE sweeney todd too! there is just something very appealing about gruesome serial murder... haha anyway, we might be them for halloween!